Monday, August 2, 2010

Quite the accomplished lady!

Last Wednesday, I drove by myself to Oregon to visit all my family that live there. From that day to Friday, I had a blast hanging out with two of my sisters, my niece, and my wonderful parents. I just did my normal thing; I went with the flow and hung out with whomever was available.
(Note: I did have one annoying and disgusting pregnancy symptom: swollen feet. They are only now going slightly back to normal. SO gnarly looking.)
It was a lot of fun! Finn was moving constantly so every family member got to feel and physically see him moving my tummy around. They all loved it, especially Kristina. She saw it the most, and was in awe of how much he moved and how well she was able to see him. On Friday night, Luke was able to drive up and be there with my family.
Saturday, he, my father and my brother-in-law drove up to Redmond, OR. Luke's grandpa, (whom he was very close to), passed almost two years ago and Luke inherited a 1957 Willys Jeep. My father renovates cars as a hobby, and was delighted to take the trip with Luke and bring it back to my parents' place, where they will be renovating it together. Luke wants to get a specialty license plate to honor his grandfather. He was so happy to see his grandma, and be able to have something that was dear to him and his grandpa. They had a blast driving up to Redmond and back in one day, too. Male bonding time, they called it.
While the guys were in Redmond, my superhero mother put on a baby shower for Finn and I. It was a ton of fun, had great food, a beautiful cake and a lot of amazing people came. Finn and I got a TON of things; he now has all of the following items:

Crib
Changing Table
Bassinet
Swaddling blankets
Baby blankets
More clothes than a baby should be allowed to have (Just kidding; they are SO cute)
Pacifiers
Bottles (for when I pump and Luke feeds him)
Diapers
Wipes
Diaper rash cream
Baby wash and lotion
Stroller
Car seat
Baskets
Booties
Hats
Socks

...And a whole other plethora of things that I can't recall at this time. I felt very accomplished today. I bought two accordion style file folders and organized all our bills, paid and still to be paid in one and all our tax, certificate and Social Security stuff in the other. I cleaned the house, (not crazy deep cleaning; I am saving that for tomorrow.) I did all our laundry from our trip, (Luke washed it all, but I folded and put it all away.) I got all the presents for Finn and organized them the best I could until the nursery is organized and we have a dresser. I took the tags off all his new clothes and washed them, (which reminds me, I need to put them in the dryer now.) I finished the application to see if Luke and I get approved for a self help house building program. If we are approved, (I don't see why we won't be), we will begin building around the time Finn is born, (nice timing, huh?) and it should be done by February or March. We will be homeowners! All in all, these last few days have been extremely productive and everything is going so well. I am enjoying this positive aura surrounding Luke, Finn and I. Here's hoping it will last a long time! Anyhow, I am off to switch laundry and snuggle with my already sleeping husband and watch a movie and get some rest! Good night, all!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts. I really wish I coulda been at your shower. Tell luke I got only slightly choked up when reading about grampa alberts jeep. I had many a fun ride in that old thing. Thanks for being a great wife to him and a great friend to me. Luv you

    ReplyDelete