Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The super exciting life of the CA Mitchells

Well, it has been quite awhile since I have updated this little ol' blog. However, after some polite prompting from my dear sister in law and some not so polite prompting from my own head telling me I am a slacker, I waited to put my lil' wild ones to bed and am now updating this thing. So, let's get started! :)

Luke, my dear one. (He's on the far left, for anyone who doesn't know him. I highly doubt that any of my readers don't know him, however, since I think maybe 5 people read this and they are all related to him in some capacity. But, I digress.) He is still always at work, (is anyone really surprised by my handsome workaholic?) He provides so much for the boys and I and for that, I will always appreciate him. As for personal goals, he is very excited to be saving for an AR 15, (I think we own enough weaponry, but I have a feeling he thinks we will never have enough. Oy.) He has been wanting one for heavens knows how long and I am finally "allowing" him to have one. I know, I know. I am such a giving master wife. Other than that, he is looking forward to the summer and getting some time off for a couple very exciting vacations, (see below in my little spill at the end.)


Onto my wild baby, Dietrich. And what a wild boy he is. It's always amazing to me how much personality and quirks you see in children so young, and my boys are no exception. Dietrich is a huge extrovert. He was so calm, quiet and peaceful from birth to about 9 months. Slept, ate, smiled, rolled, crawled and walked like a champ. No problems, no complaining: just did what he was "supposed to" on time and even early. Then, all of a sudden, this happy, loud, wild and super loving boy just came bursting forth. He talks more than most adults: his favorite thing is to call all children, (even ones his age or older) "baby" and all adult men "dad", (which is hugely embarrassing.) He picked up that people talk to little things and animals in a baby voice and now he talks to all those things in his high pitched baby voice. It's hilarious. He does love to hit and wrestle and kick and try to eat dirt and sticks and all those other boys things. He also has a bit of a redheaded temper and will stomp his feet when he gets mad, (Mom is working hard to nip that habit in the bud.) All in all, he has 12 teeth with his canines popping through, he is just under 28lbs and I can't remember how tall, (I will have to look it up later but I am guessing 36 inches.)
Finn is my quiet little introvert with a heart of gold. Seriously, this kid loves to hug everyone, even when they really don't want that hug. He is tall, gangly and gorgeous. I still will never be able to get over how handsome he is, especially when he smiles. He seriously loves Dietrich, except when he tries to take Finn's toys and then it is on! We are working on him sharing and learning to take turns and I saw finally saw him practicing those things today, which made my heart sing! He has a problem with losing his temper and then just losing his mind and becoming inconsolable and I think a huge part of that is because he has a really hard time communicating what he wants or needs with his speech delay. He is getting better every single day, picking up new words and expressing himself more and more but we still have those days where he just gets frustrated, I get frustrated and we both just need to go away, cool down and come back to each other to figure things out. He is also having a hard time sleeping with his enlarged tonsils and adenoids and will be getting those removed asap to help with that. His Doctor and Speech Therapist tells us that removing them will improve his mood, quality of life and his speech so we are scared but confident with our decision. He is crazy smart though and for that, I am proud. He is analytical, (the opposite of his fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants brother), and is always trying to figure out how things work. He can count to 20, tell you the whole Alphabet and the sounds they make, how old he is, what certain shapes are and what his favorite animals are. Speaking of, he is obsessed with Dinosaurs, Ducks, his giant stuffed Caterpillar and Puppy and real dogs that give kisses. He also love trucks, trains, cars and flashlights. He is extremely tall and looks more and more like a Stuevens every day, (with a hint of a Mitchell smile.) He is finally potty trained and we are working on night training him as well. I recently became a member of Polands' Sydrome Awareness after finding out that Finn has Scoliosis as a side effect of missing those right pectoral muscles. I have found many amazing people with PS or who have children with PS and am glad to have that support for such a rare genetic disorder. Finn really is such a special and amazing little three and a half year old, and I can't imagine not having my bug.

It's me! This is the most recent picture I have and it is surprisingly accurate in how I look right now. ;) There really isn't much to say about me, other than I am still chubby and still trying to lose it. I have hit a snag and it is really discouraging. I get especially down when I see my wedding pictures or pictures of me in High School and College. I looked amazing. I was never a stick, but I used to have these amazing curves and a tiny, flat waist. I get so depressed looking at what my midsection has turned into, (it seriously looks like Pillsbury dough that a cat then attacked and slashed to pieces.) This is cliché, but my New Years Resolution is to lose all this weight and my motivation is one of the things in the next paragraph AND the prospect of adding a third and final member to the CA Mitchells, (I am emotionally and mentally ready but I am so NOT physically ready.) Oh, and I dyed my hair black. Whatcha think? :)

So, as for the news regarding all four of us, there is lots. In March, Luke and I will be taking the boys and together, we will be sealed for time and all eternity as a family in the LDS temple. Luke and I have been working towards this since we got engaged 6 years ago and we are finally almost there. The feeling I get just thinking about it is indescribable. I always knew it would happen in my heart, but there were times when we thought it wouldn't happen until after we passed away, (an exaggeration but you get the point!) I am nervous, excited, elated, ecstatic and all those other words to describe the feeling you get when you are finally getting the ultimate gift from our Heavenly Father.

In other news, my baby niece, Brooke, will be graduating from High School this June and I am so proud/excited for her! It's crazy. I was there when she was freaking born and now she drives, has a boyfriend and will be going to College in the Fall. CRAZY! Anyhow, per tradition in the Stuevens family, the entire extended family will be attending her graduation and then leaving the next morning for...Disneyland!!!! WOOT WOOT! (For those who didn't catch that, this is my other motivator to lose weight!) It's our family's favorite place to be and it's where we take each teen that graduates, (we did it with all my sisters and myself.) I cannot wait to take the boys and see their faces light up! Also, per tradition, and along with 5 days at Disneyland, the graduate gets to choose one day for whatever they want. I chose Graumanns' Chinese Theater and Universal Studios, and my sisters chose Knottsberry Farm. Brooke has chosen this year to go to Medieval Knights (or Nights?) and it will be our first time so we are thrilled. Luke is even getting more excited as the months pass, (I think he is just excited for a long break from work.) Coming June 2014: The Mitchell, Robinson, Hess, Hawke, Stuevens, and West family's will be invading Anaheim! YAY!

I think that is all for now, but I do have another entry I have been wanting to write for awhile now in my head. And there it shall stay, until tomorrow. So, don't forget to check back for that thrilling entry. Good night and I love you all! :)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you! It makes me happy to hear what other people are up to and how they are doing. I feel like blog posts are much more real than Facebook entries; I don't know why. I'll try to hold off on pestering you again.

    ReplyDelete