Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Quick Updates

I will be blogging again tonight after the boys are asleep, I have had a chance to finally shower and my house is shut down for the night. But, since the boys are distracted by Madagascar and my house is clean, I thought I would do my quick updates on the boys, Luke and myself. So, here we go!

Mr. Dietrich, aka Red Rick, aka The Boulder. He is a fearless, wild child with no qualms about wrestling his big brother to the ground and cackling while doing it. He is such the opposite of Finn: he is crazy, happy, loud, animated and curious about everything. He is a fast runner with endless amounts of energy and he just doesn't quit until he crashes, (usually on the floor or in my arms.) He is snuggly and loves kisses and hugs. He loves it when daddy holds him upside down or throws him into the air. He will eat anything and everything, (which is a huge blessing!) He is down to one nap, (something we implemented today, since he has been wanting to stay up later and later with two naps), and loves playing with anything that his big brother is playing with. He also loves to throw everything and actually has quite a good arm for a one year old! At his one year well check, he was 24lbs and 32inches!

My three year old, Captain Finnegan. Well, almost three. He is finally talking to Luke and I! We have been praying, fasting and working with Finn to get him to open up and it is finally happening. Granted, he is still the "silent" type, but every day, he will tell me more and more and express himself. I was worried, but now I see that this is who Finn is becoming. He is cautious, analytical and reminds me of a Mathematician or Engineer. In fact, my dad calls him "The Engineer." He is an incredible builder, loves counting, saying the Alphabet and coloring. He loves his trucks and dinosaurs and quite often falls asleep holding one of his many Semis or T-Rexs', (I quietly remove them after he is asleep, so he doesn't get an uncomfortable surprise when he rolls in his sleep.) He has a temper and definitely has his fathers' passion and drive. He is tall, super thin and would be content to eat French fries and drink milk. Slowly, however, he is opening up to new tastes and has discovered a love of salads of all kinds. He is 37lbs and estimated at 41inches!

I have no new pictures of Luke or myself, so for our updates, we just have a little bold letters for easy reading.

LUKE: My handsome husband of four years, (September 5th!).

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your boys. I also love hearing about you guys....so finish up! :)

    ReplyDelete