Monday, August 8, 2011

Opposites Attract????

Good morning, all!!!! Finn and I have a busy day ahead of us; we are going camping with Luke, and my family from Wednesday to Saturday and we have lots left to prepare! I cannot wait to take Finn camping in the same spot where I spent most of my summer vacations as a child. But, that is not the point of this post. Luke and I have had this discussion plenty of times and last night, as we talked quietly as we slowly slipped into unconsciousness, I came to fully understand how opposite Luke and I really are...and how much I absolutely love it.

Luke is a realist; his motto is: "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." I am an idealist; my head is in the clouds, and I don't like to live in reality, unless absolutely necessary.

Luke loves rap, 80's music, techno (gag), country, and everything in between. I only like hard rock music, (although, to be honest, Luke has opened my eyes to a few songs NOT in that genre.)

Luke loves Star Trek, Star Wars, WW II flicks, and the History channel. I love action movies, Harry Potter, romance and musicals.

Luke has the world's most intense personality. His temper is the most intense one I have ever seen, (it's amusing though; he has never lost it with me. He loses it at work daily, however.) I don't have a temper, (it's takes A LOT to make me mad, and Luke teases me when I do. Apparently, it's impossible to take me seriously when I'm mad because I still look nice and happy.)

Luke is 5'11''. I am 6'3''. The entire world feels the need to point that out, so I thought I must as well.

It takes Luke 3 minutes to fall asleep. I could be the most exhausted I have ever been, and it will still take me at least an hour to fall asleep. (I hate him for that one!)

When Luke is excited, nothing in his voice or expression changes. When I'm excited, people in Argentina can hear the excitement in my voice.

I could go on, but the point is Luke and I have three things IN common: 1. We are both LDS. 2. We both love our son. 3. We both are obsessed with the other. And because the last three years have been the best in my life, I would have to come to the conclusion that there is something to this "opposites appract" thing. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment